1. At this time of year when the AGM approaches with all its resultant work I am reminded of the old Polish Proverb that "a club is only as strong as its membership". At the last count Hassrale had 65 Full, Honorary and Associate members; on average 20 bother to turn up to Committee organized functions; of these 50% are Honorary and Associate. The inference is obvious either the membership is apathetic or the organized functions are not appropriate; if it is the latter then let the Committee know - turn up to the AGM and voice your opinion.
Hassrale Annual Report
2. This year has been extermely successful one for the darts team in their third year in the Little League. Out of the ten matches played the team has only lost 3 and will finish the season in second place. Our congratulations to the squad:- Dave Baker, John Carter, Steve Chenery, Alan Cockings, Gerry Dunne, Paul FittOn, Kelvin Glensman, Sandra Moyle, Marian Norman, Mike Norman, Tom Roll, Janet Taylor, Paul Tiffany and Alan Turner. Our thanks also go to the supporter's. Full details of all the results and points Scored can be obtained from Steve Chenery.
The Committee organised four tours during the past year,
a) The first tour took place in June and visited eight pubs in the London Bridge/Waterloo area, The beers sampled varied from Youngs to Courage Directors.
b) The Kingston tour took place in July in the heat of the summer and was our first Saturday day out. It was extremely well organised by Malo Harvey and twelve pubs were visited during the lunch-time and evening sessions. A few members took the opportunity on the trip to start their "Fullers Passport" and one to get a parking ticket.
c) September saw the 63 Bus Route trip which meandered between Farringdon and Kings Cross. The highlight of the evening was the first sighting of a 63 bus and Hassrale's Chairman holding an inpromptu committee meeting in the middle of Farringdon Road.
d) The pre Christmas trip was in the City/Fleet Street area and saw Hassrale in its worst light - drunk.
4. As John Carter is not standing for re-election at the AGM, the Committee would like to place on record their thanks for all his past work as our pub tours/pub survey supremo.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE DOING THE FULLERS PASSPORT - 127 IS THIS THE MAGIC NUMBER
5. Two trips to beer festivals were organised during the year.
a) April saw the Sandown Festival which was to be recommended. There was a very comprehensive selection of beers in very pleasant surroundings. The event was complemented by an excellent jazz band which played music to fall down to. It should be noted that Sandown and the manager of the local betting shop in particlar will remember our visit.
b) Our second trip was to the Pigs Ear Festival. It housed a good selection of beers but did not compete with Sandown for atmosphere.
IF YOU KNOW OF ANY FESTIVALS WORTH A VISIT LET THE COMMITTEE KNOW
6. No trips were organized during the year due to a mixture of indifference by the breweries to accept "non trade" organisations and a number of broken promises.
7. The Christmas drink was held at the Duke of Wellington. There was a magnificent turnout and Colin behind the bar did us proud. If you know of any other pub you would like to see used as a venue next year let the Committee know.
8. The Committee have looked into the possibility of obtaining Hassrale ties and T Shirts. Are you interested?
See you at your AGM